AAWDC is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation that provides innovative, high quality workforce development services to Anne Arundel County businesses and citizens. AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. AAWDC builds success for:
- Businesses by providing strategies for presenting qualified talent and providing customized workforce solutions, saving time and money.
- Individuals by connecting them to up-to-date skills and certifications required by businesses while helping to advance their own careers.
- Youth by building their foundation through career exploration and skills development, leading to independence.
- Industry by collaborating with business leaders and partners in high-growth industries to provide innovative workforce solutions so they remain competitive in a global economy.
- Community by convening partners across the region to develop high impact initiatives that help our region grow and thrive.
AAWDC’s vision is that every business has the skilled workforce needed to succeed and all Anne Arundel County citizens have met their full career potential.
AAWDC is a nonprofit that enhances the economic vitality of Anne Arundel County by leading the development and delivery of workforce solutions for area businesses. We ensure that our citizens are well-prepared for the workforce, ready to work & equipped with skills in demand by businesses.
AAWDC is driven by three core values which guide the organization in ensuring Anne Arundel County is the best place to live, work, and start a business. Our values guide the way that we work with businesses, job seekers and partners.
- Innovation. AAWDC exercises creativity and vision to drive purposeful change that impacts both businesses and job seekers.
- Collaboration. AAWDC partners with public and private entities to effectively address the workforce needs of the region and maximize impact.
- Excellence. AAWDC is a premier workforce provider delivering products and services that lead to meaningful results.
Meet The Team That Will Help You To Succeed
- AAWDC Staff provides business, individuals, and partners with tools to achieve workforce goals.
- AAWDC Board of Directors provides leadership and guidance in achieving the organization’s mission and goals
- Anne Arundel County Local Workforce Development Board provides leadership, direction and policy oversight for the workforce delivery system in Anne Arundel County.
Join Our Team
We are not just a workforce development organization, we are an employer. Explore current job openings at AAWDC.
AAWDC manages 13 initiatives through support from eight funders.