Friday, February 16, 2018
9:00am - 10:30am
Vuong's Martial Arts
1117 State Route 3 N
Gamrbills, MD 21054
Donuts and coffee will provided by Starbucks at Waugh Chapel and Krispy Kreme of Crofton.
Keasha Haythe, CEcD from AAEDC will be our guest speaker for our February BIG Meeting.
More about AAEDC
Our mission is to support business and serve as a catalyst for business growth in Anne Arundel County thereby increasing job opportunities, expanding the tax base and improving quality of life.
“AAEDC promotes Anne Arundel County as a premier location for business.”
Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation provides investment and technical assistance and fosters community revitalization initiatives. We play a vital role in enhancing commercial districts, improving county infrastructure, increasing agriculture-based business and promoting high-value business sectors such as technology and national security.
To accomplish its mission, AAEDC:
- Recruits new businesses to locate in Anne Arundel County and assists in the expansion of existing businesses;
- Anticipates and addresses workforce development needs of the county’s business community;
- Promotes Anne Arundel County as a premier location for business;
- Provides advocacy for Anne Arundel County businesses undergoing the regulatory and approval process;
- Provides financing assistance to county businesses;
- Incentivizes redevelopment and revitalization along older commercial corridors;
- Promotes technology development and innovation by offering a menu of financing, incentives and resources through the Arundel Defense Tech Toolbox; and
- Promotes agriculture development and expands markets for agri-business.
BIG is back! The format will include:
9a-9:20a Casual networking
9:20a -9:35a - Around the room introductions (30 second elevator speech)
9:35a-10:05a - Guest Speaker
10:05a-10:15a - Questions and wrap up