Educate to Cultivate Luncheon - Because The More You Know, The More You Grow
Thomas R. Callahan, P.C. and Gary Heldt, CPA of Small Business Advisors presents:
Keeping Your Business Healthy in 2018 - 30 Tips in 30 Minutes
Join us for this informative session.
Enjoy lunch, networking and education.
2225-A Defense Hwy
Crofton, MD 21114
$21/Member and $26/Non-Member
Prices increase by $5/person at the door. Lunch includes meal of choice, side salad and soft drink. Limited seating available.
Summary of Experience
Gary D. Heldt, Jr. was born and raised in Prince George’s County, Maryland. He has lived in Anne Arundel County since 2005. Gary owns and operates Small Business Advisors in Gambrills, Maryland. Small Business Advisors serves a client base from the Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC and Northern Virginia vicinity, and holds the title of Premier Tax Coach in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
Gary acquired Small Business Advisors in September 1999. Gary’s focus was to gain a wide range of experience with his accounting knowledge, working for both for-profit and non-profit industries. This foundation, within these industries, combined with the desire to provide the best service possible at the fairest possible price, led Gary to open his own business.
Since 1999, Gary has grown Small Business Advisors by ten times its acquired size, and maintained a retention rate of 96% while doing so. A majority of this growth was through word of mouth. Up until last year, there was no advertising or marketing of any kind. Maintaining a close relationship with clients, including checking in with them regularly, results in this successful growth.
Gary’s clients rely upon his competent and expedient advice. Gary’s clients receive total financial services, whether they are individuals, large or small businesses, or other types of businesses and agencies. Gary is dedicated to the three underlying principles of professionalism, responsiveness and quality. Gary’s reputation for providing quality service reflects the high standards he demands of himself. His high standards, responsive service and specialized and well liked staff spell the difference between Small Business Advisors and the “rest.”
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Tax Coach
- Co-authored two books – “Breaking the Tax Code,” which are best sellers about taxes
- Maryland Society of Accountants, Member
- National Society of Accountants, Member
- Maryland AICPA, Member
- National Association of Taxes, Member
- Business Leader of the Year Award from Greater Crofton Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Business Leader of the Year Award from The Greater Crofton Rotary, 2013
- Accountant Advocate of the Year from U.S. Small Business Administration, 2002
- Epic Spirit Adventures, Board Member
- Leadership Maryland, Graduating Member, 2013
- Leadership Maryland, Program Committee Member
- Received several Executive/State/County Citations
- Graduated from Shepherd University in West Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting
Community Association Affiliations
- Crofton Country Club, Member
- The Greater Crofton Rotary Club, Member
- Crofton Elementary School/PTA, Member and Treasurer
- Crofton Chamber of Commerce, Member and Treasurer
- Gary also believes that it is important to give back to the community. He helped form a business referral group where trusted firms recommend each other when their own clients need a different product or service that they themselves cannot provide.
- Gary, and Small Business Advisors, also helped co-found a non-profit charity called “For The Kids.” For the past 18 years, this charity has organized a charity golf tournament where funds are raised for a seriously ill child. In 2017 alone, the charity was fortunate enough to be able to donate over $20,000 to a local family in need of money for medical bills. In total, For the Kids has raised over $500,000 to support this non-profit organization.
- Eagle Scout
- Den Leader for Crofton Pack #731
- Hobbies: kids and golf
Gary has two young children, Tyler (10) and Madeline (7)
Gary Heldt, Jr., CPA and Small Business Advisors are more than “just” an Accountant.