Position Title: Executive Assistant
Salary Range: $13-$15/hour commensurate with experience
Reports To: Chamber Executive Director
Summary: The role of the Executive Assistant is to work with and for the Executive Director of the Chamber, the Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission. Key duties include: manages daily operations of the organization including implementation and administration of the policies and programs established by the Board of Directors; serves as the Chamber’s membership and promotions administrator; plans and executes events and activities, coordinates the Hospitality/Ambassador Committee, provides opportunities for members to network and promote their products and services, attends appropriate chamber events and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Greets visitors to the chamber office – provides customer service to walk in traffic.
• Answers and fields incoming phone calls.
• Manages incoming/outgoing mail as well as electronic communications.
• Controls office supplies and inventory.
• Maintains an inventory of office equipment and service contracts.
• Ensures that all proper chamber documentation is current: policies, insurance, state registration, etc.
• Maintains adequate records of all transactions and correspondence,
available for review by the board, or other officials or agencies.
• Maintains and updates the chamber’s website and social media channels.
• Compiles and assembles information for new member packets and arranges a date for them to be delivered in person by the Executive Director or Board members.
• Assists with new memberships.
• Compiles membership lists for Executive Director on a monthly basis.
• Assists in retention efforts through the collection of past due memberships.
• Assists exiting businesses with growth opportunities, education, mentoring.
• Coordinates the Hospitality/Ambassador Program with the Membership Committee Chair.
• Coordinates the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, executing and staging of all special events and activities.
• Coordinates registration for special events.
• Assists with sponsor and vendor coordination for appropriate events.
• Prepares and makes deposits 1 to 2x per week.
• Compiles content for weekly E-News and ensures information is received from the appropriate sources.
• Compiles information monthly for our section in the Gazette.
• Assists with formulating e-mails to our elected officials for the Executive Director, informing them of upcoming Ribbon Cuttings and requests citations accordingly. Maintains the RSVP list.
• Assists with planning, promoting, marketing, and implementation of BIG Meetings/ Educate to Cultivate Luncheons / Mixers / Ribbon Cuttings / etc.
• Assembles monthly board member packets and creates the agenda.
• Participates in chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
• Assists with development of and oversees all publications printed and distributed by the Chamber of Commerce.
• Establishes and maintains ongoing effective communication with members and the community:
• Prepares and obtains content for the weekly Crofton Chamber Chronicles.
• Prepares and provides press releases and other information to the appropriate media channels as necessary.
• Assists with the preparation of the Annual Budget with line item identification of expenses and income for all activities of the chamber for approval by the Board of Directors.
• Manages receivable and payables and coordinates with the Board Treasurer.
• Prepares and distributes membership renewal invoices and past due letters on a monthly basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications /Skills Required:
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume, cover letter, references and 2 letters of recommendations to email@example.com